Comprehensive Maritime and Admiralty Law Representation
South Carolina - North Carolina - Georgia - Florida - Louisiana - Maryland
The Bluestein Law Firm, P.A., is devoted to the practice of admiralty and maritime law. For skillful, thorough and experienced legal representation in any admiralty or maritime law matter, contact the Bluestein Law Firm to schedule an appointment at our Charleston office. Call toll free 866-428-4030 for a free consultation regarding these or any other legal matters:
Maritime Injury Cases: The operator or owner of a vessel has a duty to maintain the ship in seaworthy condition and to properly maintain the ship in order to reasonably protect the crew and passengers from all foreseeable harm. If you suffered injury onboard a vessel, attorney Scott Bluestein can explain your rights under the Jones Act or general maritime law.
- Injured seamen and the Jones Act: The Jones Act and general maritime law protect seamen injured in offshore accidents and provide for lost wages, maintenance and cure.
- Professional mariners on commercial vessels: Seamen on tug boats, barges, dredges and other ocean-going vessels are entitled to compensation for injuries in commercial or industrial accidents while working on their ship.
- Recreational boating accidents: We represent people injured in cruise line accidents, yachts, deep sea fishing boats, jet skis, charter boats and sail boats.
Harbor workers are covered under a different set of maritime laws. We represent longshoremen and harbor workers, and military contractors and government contractors who are hurt on the job in harbor or while repairing ships.
Marine Insurance Issues: The Bluestein Law Firm represents insurance companies and insureds engaged in disputes regarding cargo damage and vessel damage, collisions, salvage claims, towage, groundings, sinkings, vessel repairs, unseaworthiness and subrogation.
Maritime Commercial / Contract Law: Our clients include ship owners, shipping companies, banks with maritime loans and liens, marina operators, and all businesses involved in a maritime industry, such as shipping or commercial fishing.
- Purchase and sale of vessels: If you are interested in buying or selling a vessel, our maritime lawyer will assist you in the transaction.
- Maritime liens: We represent clients bringing a maritime lien or arresting a vessel for failure to pay for services rendered to the vessel, such as repairs, dockage fuel, towage, salvage, or other services.
- Cargo damage: When merchandise is lost, damaged or stolen, we represent shippers and their insurance companies seeking to recover from those who have caused the damage.
Marine Salvage: We represent boat salvage companies, ship owners, and insurance companies involved in marine salvage in offshore accidents.
Contact our Charleston Maritime Law Office
For prompt, professional and responsive legal help, contact our Charleston, South Carolina, law office online for a free initial consultation and case evaluation, or call us at 843-577-3092.
Free consultations — After-hours appointments available